Monday, January 9, 2012

Reducing Household bills

 Wow what a great read - so many clever idea's that can be used by anyone.  Really enjoyed the tips by buying in bulk and making your own household cleaners.  

http://frugallysustainable.com/2012/01/day-4-reducing-household-bills/

Also liked buying used - reminded me of my childhood, we loved garage sales and making our own clothes.  One of the first things I had to buy when I got to America was a sewing machine (sorry didn't buy used but got on sale) - I haven't made an outfit yet but have done so much mending on it that it has saved me $$$$.

I'm also working on making things from scratch and making the kids lunches (I'm going to have to work them into this one).  By the way my daughter is in High School and has lunch at 10:30am what is that all about!!  Not that I can change this but I can change what she is eating and save $$ while doing it.

Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment