Monday, January 9, 2012

Getting rid of the house phone!

Do you have a house phone line?  Our line costs us about $20 a month - I say about because it is part of the cable, internet and phone package.  Which I think is very expensive when you have all three with the one provider.  Reason being they have your account so don't need to offer you any special deals.  Recently I was talking to a lady who said she took her phone off the package deal and her provider kept calling her with deals trying to get all 3 services again.  In the end she just stuck with 2 - cable and internet but they reduced it down about $80 a month - wow.  This got me thinking that having all 3 via the 1 provider isn't a wise idea.  I liked it as I just have one bill coming in but it is crazy what we pay a month.

It is a really big step getting rid of the house phone, but before I do I'm going to look at magic jack - has anyone used this?  Does it really work and save you money?

Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment