Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday Housecleaning Day

I'm not great at cleaning the house - so the best thing for me to do is choose a day to clean the whole house at once.  I like Friday's as you will have a nice clean house ready for the weekend - if you work during the week you may like to choose Sat morning or one night during the week.

I grab all the tools I need so I'm not going back and forth etc.  I start upstairs in the main bedroom. 

Bedroom
1/ strip sheets, pillowcases etc - put in hallway
2/ put away anything that is out of place.
3/ dust - I grab a sock, pop it on my hand and dust away - start on higher items and move down.
4/ clean light switch, handles etc with a damp cloth.
5/ vacuum.

Move onto other bedrooms - clean in the same order.

Now that your hallway is a mess - collect up all the sheets and start washing them.

I like to have a coffee break for about 10 mins now - but if you don't have time keep going.

Bathroom
1/spray sink, vanity, shower down with an all-purpose cleaner.
2/spray down the toilet, clean with brush and wipe down outside of toilet and tank.
3/ clean mirrors
4/Now wipe down sink - scrub tight spots with toothbrush.
5/Wipe down shower and tub - take down curtain and put in hall with towels (only need to wash curtain every couple of weeks)
6/Mop the floor

Continue for all bathrooms - wash towels etc

Kitchen
1/Load dishwasher and start
2/Declutter - put everything away (if you don't know where it should go maybe you don't need it).
3/Wipe down counters
4/Wipe down appliances
5/Vacuum and mop floor.

Living Room
1/Declutter - once again put everything away - recycle old papers/mags etc
2/Dust - start high and work down
3/Window clean all the windows, wipe down lights switches etc
4/Vacuum

Almost done! Other rooms you can follow the living room steps.  Give hallways and Entrance way a good vacuum and mop.

Take trash out - make sure you recycle what you can.

Now during the week it should only take you about 10 mins to make bed/wash dishes etc each day. 

Well I must go and get the rest of my house cleaned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment