Monday, December 19, 2011

weekly groceries under $60 - 1st week attempt

Well did my shopping on Saturday - very busy day to do it but I had the time.

My groceries come to $88 so a little disappointing - I have a $5 bottle vouchers so $83 cash.
As I said it will cost a little to get started as I need to build up my stock pile plus I didn't use any coupons as I need to build them up too.  I did mainly shop for stuff that is on sale so that helped too.  My must haves come to $53.27 which I believe is what I will use this week.  The other $29.73 is stuff that will run over into the following week so will come off my next weeks bill.  (not counting Christmas of course).  The way I did it is work out what meals you are going to cook during the week and cost them out.  Get meat that is on sale really helps or buy in bulk so you can freeze for the following week.  Check out my roast chicken meal for $5.  Plus I will be posting other meals that I cook this week so you have an idea of easy and cost cutting meals.  Tonight is cottage pie (great on a cold winter night - plus you can add left overs to it).  So be sure to check back as I will be adding to this blog all week!  Next week I hope to get a little closer to my $60 mark - I will be doing a special shop for Christmas Day so will go shopping on Monday or Tuesday.  Plus I will have the kids home from school all week so will be lunches added too it.  May even have family coming to visit!!

 One more entry before I go - yesterday lunch I made omelets - very easy - eggs, butter, cheese (can add vegs like peppers, tomatoes etc) another cheap meal.

Plus this is a tip from my husband - I can't believe I never thought of this - buy your cheese from the deli - I got a pound for $2.99!!!!  In the dairy section it is $6-$8 - huge saving!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment